Nicholson Law Office attorneys are experienced in the art of defending a DUI charge in California. Our attorneys have an aggregate of over 50 years-experience of practicing law in California. DUI convictions have a serious impact on your rights to operate a motor vehicle in the State of California. Do not risk losing your driving privileges without legal representation. In addition to the proceedings that take place in a court of law, you must request an administrative hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles within 10 days of your arrest.
I am offering you a free initial consultation so we can discuss the following:
- Court procedures and penalties (including DMV procedures, penalties, CDL suspension);
- Criminal Court and the DMV are two entirely separate systems and each process can independently result in the suspension of your driving privileges;
- Effect of a DUI on employment, state licensing or certifications, travel to and from foreign countries, and immigration status;
- Costs of retaining this law firm; and
- Possible defenses and how to minimize the impact of a DUI arrest on your life.
At Nicholson Law Offices, we have an extensive track record of fighting and winning DUI cases. Frequently, we are able to not only possible to get DUI charges reduced, but in some cases we are able to get them dismissed entirely. A number of DUI defenses have proven successful in prior cases including arguing constitutional violations, challenging blood alcohol concentration measurements, and defending the case where the police officer never witnessed the operation of the vehicle.
One of the very first things that we do in a DUI case is to obtain and thoroughly review the police reports, commonly referred to as discovery, for inconsistencies and lapses in procedure. With Nicholson Law Offices, more than one attorney will review your case to ensure accuracy and the best possible quality of representation for your case. We also request complete disclosure regarding the device used to test your blood alcohol level, the personnel involved in the maintenance and operation of the device including their certifications, and the lab certification. These steps are imperative to engage in a full comprehensive evaluation of each individual case. Please contact our offices with any additional question or concerns that you may have or for a free consultation.